Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2-in-1 Foundation + Serum Review

15:50:00

I have now been testing the Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2-in-1 Foundation* for about a month.

What strikes me with this foundation is how lightweight it is. When I wear it, I don't feel like I have something on, but I can tell the difference with my carnation! My complexion and skin doens't look bad, I have a few pores, and some redness, that's about it. But what I look for in a foundation is to even my skin tone. Max Factor Ageless Elixir promises to be medium coverage, so if you have some little imperfections, it would still be ok.

I really like the texture of this product, a "silky-soft" foundation. You can definitely feel the serum in it when you apply, yet it is not greasy at all. I tend to have oily skin, and the Max Factor Ageless Elixir didn't make my skin oilier nor broke me out.

The smell of the foundation is also pleasant, a light fruity scent. It reminds me of lychee.

Here is the "au naturel" picture...


And one with the Max Factor Ageless Elixir put on with a Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush.

With 1-2 pumps at the back of my hand, I can easily cover my whole face and neck if I use a stippiling brush. You would need more if you apply with your hands.

The foundation comes in a range of 6 shades:

40 Light Ivory
45 Warm Almond
50 Natural
55 Beige
75 Golden
80 Bronze

Mine is the 75 Golden, and the colour suits me. I wouldn't be able to tell you my MAC skin tone, as I have never tried their foundation (I should go and check out!), but I have medium skin.

This foundation retails at £12.99 at most drugstores. Boots currently have an offer where you receive a free Max Factor Lasting Lip Tint when you buy selected Max Factor (including this product!) and I also have a few £5 off (at Boots) to giveaway.

Along with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, I would say this is my favourite foundation! I like everything in this: texture, coverage, feeling, smell, colour.

Disclaimer: Sample provided as part of the Supper Savvy me Savvy Circle

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This foundation looks great! I don't ever see Max Factor in the stores here anymore, and I'm not really sure why - it was a great brand of makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!

    Have you tried Wal-Mart? I know that's where I used to find Max Factor's products in Canada! Let me know if you find it, and what you think!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook