Hitting Rock Bottom

14:16:00

Today's Monday Challenge at My Beauty Quebec is Hitting Rock Bottom (on touche le fond)! I like the idea as it is about the mixed feelings we get with half/nearly empty products!

It can be that you absolutely want to finish it because you don't like it, or that you have a better replacement, or that you procrastinate finish it because you cannot replace it because it has been discontinued or it is too expensive (or complicated) to have a new one.

I give you my nearly empty products!

Some good and some bad!
UNE Natural Beauty Skin-Glow Foundation: Eurk I hate this one! When I finish it I might do a little celebratory dance! It is too heavy and gives a powdery finish which clings to every dry patches, even though I moisturise well before my makeup. Don't waste your money on it!

Gender One perfume: Now I'm not one for cheaper perfume versions in general, and I'm not a big fan of CK One to start with. This was given to me by one of my friends during my teenage years. Oh yes! That's how long I can keep my perfumes! Sometimes I like it and will use it, and then I'll forget it for a good few months.

Como Shambhala Invigorate Lotion: This one I try to make it last longer. I like how soothing the scent is (eucalyptus, geranium, lavender and peppermint) and only use it on my chest before going to bed. It calms me and helps me sleep.

Esté Lauder Disappear Smoothing Cream Concealer: This is ok, but quite dark for my winter complexion, so instead of using it to conceal my under-eye area (well, the French name says it's for under-eye, but the English one doesn't) I use it to cover my spots.The shade I have is 04-Deep.

Le belle Natural Skincare Cream Cleanser: I just did a review on it last week. On the picture you could see that the bottle was not full, and I actually try to coat it with product to make it look fuller (ha the joys of blogging). I like it now that it is winter and love the scent as well. It is similar to the Como Shambala lotion.

Monu Night Renewal Complex Normal/Combination Skin: I was super excited to use this as usually night cream can be too heavy for combination skin. Unfortunately, I'd like it to be heavier still. I find myself putting this after cleansing my face at night and then later I would pu some Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum on some parts. I will probably finish this tube tonight though! Woohoo!

Have you tried any of these? Is the UNE foundation working for any of you? Let me know if you have products on which you also hit rock bottom!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. J'adore ce genre d'article, probablement mes préférés! C'est tellement motivant et libérateur de vider quelque chose ahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about nearly finished products, Usually the ones which I dislike and are nearly finished, i just get rid of. I'd rather just throw them away than try and force myself to use them. In regards to ones which I do love. This is currently the situation I am in with the Jemma Kidd Light as air foundation. I love it, but I've not got much left - even debating cutting the tube open! But I know I cant buy it anymore so I dont want to finish it! The dilemas we girls face eh?!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out Vivianna Does MakeUp blog, the Jemma Kidd foundation is also her favourite, and she talked about where she gets it online in one of her post :)

      Delete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook