Favourite Lip Combo of the Month

18:44:00


This winter, I have been sporting red lips! Ok, they have been back since a few years, but I've never been ready to wear them as much as I did in the last month.

The beauty of a red lip is that it is full makeup in itself, provided that your complexion looks flawless. You don't need any eyeshadow and you look "done" with minimal effort.

Clinique Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine Blackberry Bloom and Max Factor 457 Midnight Mahogany

During February, I mainly used those two products on my lips all the times. Max Factor 457 Midnight Mahogany is as old as the hills, but is the perfect shade of red, not being too purple nor too orange. (You can buy it on Amazon). I top it with Clinique Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Blackberry Bloom.



The result reminds me of the Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet. It was the actual inspiration behind my combo, but as I wasn't ready to actually buy a red lipstick, I decided to shop my stash first.I like the wet finish the gloss gives, as a matte red lipstick might not be forgiving!

I got  complimented on this, and my friend Nancy wanted to copy me for her clubbing look! Seeing I wore this all month long and that now my gloss is finished, I might be popping Red Velvet in my basket next time the Lip Butters are on sale ;)

What are your go-to lip products?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. J'aime! Je n'ai vraiment pas eu l'occasion de porter du rouge à lèvre tout court à part pendant Noël, ça me manque! C'est tellement sexy du rouge à lèvres rouge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh j'aime le fini lustré et translucide!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook