Red Lippies

14:06:00


With the snow fallen and here to stay, I think it is safe and appropriate to wear red lippies again!

They are so elegant and timeless, and I think everyone want to have some glamour in their life come Christmas time.

MAC Prepare for Pleasure, Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet, Annabelle Twistups in Red Carpet and Cherry


A few of my newer red lippies:

MAC Prepare for Pleasure




MAC Prepare for Pleasure: It is part of the Divine Night Collection, released for the holidays 2013. I think this one could be straight out of the 20's. 

MAC Lipglass RiRi Woo
MAC Lipglass RiRi Woo: This is more of a sexy red gloss. Somehow it reminds me of the poster of Rocky Horror Picture Show, with vinyl-like lips!

Annabelle TwistUp in Red Carpet
Annabelle Twistup in Red Carpet: This is more of an orangy bright red. It could be easily worn in the summer as well.

Annabelle TwistUp in Cherry
Annabelle Twistup in Cherry: A deep red, good to make your teeth appear whiter!




Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet: This is the easiest to wear, as it is sheener than the other ones. Perfect for red-newbies!


As you may know, reds are harder to wear than other colours, as they are so pigmented, You have to be careful to colour the edges properly! Also, to avoid thos nasty lipstick marks on your teeth,l ike you can see in one picture :(, suck your index finger a few times, so the excess transfers on the finger and not the teeth! Hope that helps!

Do you have a favourite red lipstick? Or do you wear other colours come Winter?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I never wore red lipstick until a couple of weeks ago and I really love it on me. I think its best kept for a night out though. Red really suits you toox

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook