L'Oréal Miss Pixie NOTD

19:04:00


When I first saw the L'Oréal Miss Pixie nail polish in Dollarama I grabbed it and said: that's it, it's mine!

At first, I thought it looked like the Nails Inc. Baker Street, which is stunning. I then swatched it in the car to realized it was not opaque, but a sheer finish and was dispointed.


I then googled it and found out it was part of a gelly-like collection that came out last year. Maybe it didn't came to my little corner of the world because of course I would've recalled this colour! My reserches showed that the sheerness would somewhat disapear with three coats and would leave me with a vibrant and glossy blue polish.

So the other night I proceded to paint my three coats. The polish had a weird smell. It was kinda similar to pot. I'm not even joking, my mum was making faces hahaha! But the result was indeed stunning. It is still sheer, but streak-free.


The downside is that it chips easily. Like I found a blue  flake on my breakfast plate that clearly came from my index finger. I didn't apply a top coat, because most of the times I don't and also because I really wanted to see the glossyness of the polish by itself, but I guess in the future I'll have to put some.

Do you have any good dupe for Nails Inc Baker Street?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love that color, looks really pretty!

    x Dash of Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is pretty! I love bold colours :)

      Delete
  2. gorgeous colour, but the pot smell? that is so strange. I only have a couple L'oreal polishes and I find all of them a bit sheer but none of them smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's weird! Maybe it's a daft one, as I have never came across a nail polish that smelled something else than polish!

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour, never really thought of wearing a colour like that before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a bold colour! But it's easier to wear bold on the nails when you're "starting out" ;)

      Delete
  4. I think more layers must look better, but really good color :

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I really wish it'd be more opaque.

      Delete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook