My Favourite Face Brushes

16:38:00


Hello lovelies!

I hope you have a good day. Here it's sunny but a lot windy, and we had a windstorm last night. It was a little scary in fact!

Today I decided to showcase my favourite face brushes. Those are the ones I use more, as I don't always do my eyes when I put on a face!

I've had most for years, and they are still going strong. I'm careful when I wash them, but I have to admit that I should do it more frequently.


For foundations, I like flat top duo-fibre brushes. This one is the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki.  I also have the Real Techniques buffing brush from the Core Collection, and they are similar. I chose the Sigma one because I've had it for longer. It actually starts to shed, but that's all by my fault, when I washed it and accidentally turn the brush upside down. Water drop to the ferule and cause the glue to melt. But I still like to use it, gives a natural finish.


This pink brush was part of a no-name set I bought at Wal-Mart when I was a teenager. I didn't really care for the other brushes, but this one make applying powder (blush or setting) so easy. I would not reccomend it if you like the chiselled cheeks look, as it is quite large. But I like the dolly look, so it's perfect for me! ;)


If you like a chiselled look, you might prefer the MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.  Even though the name says contour, I don't really like it for contouring, as the tip is angled and not tapered. It it good to apply blusher though, and it is the one I use when I put cream blush, so I can easily swipe the blush and it blends well.


For contouring, I prefer a tapered brush. I don't master the art of contouring yet, but what I do when contouring is the E3 technique, so I like that the brush is tapered as opposte to angled. This way, I can swish the brush more easily in the curves of the E3. So for this I'm using the Real Techniques Contour brush, again from the Core Collection. Even thoug it's the only one I present in this post, I have many RT brushes and I like them all!

So that's the core of my face makeup brushes, the cream of the crop! Please let me know in the comments below what are your favourites!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lisa-Jane Andrews28 March 2014 at 16:57

    Such an excellent post and really informative as I have been after some make up brushes and this has really helped...thanks http://brunette-lady.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh la fameuse F80! Je l'aime bien, elle est assez multitâche (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. oui c'est vrai! Maintenant que tu le dis, j'me rappelle que des fois si mes autres sont sales je l'utilise aussi pour le blush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa-Jane! I hope to read what brushes you chose on your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook