Manicure Monday: Essie Hide & Go Chic

16:57:00


Today's manicure is courtesy of Essie. Part of their Spring 2014 collection, Hide & Go Chic stroke me as being the most unique of the bunch. It does remind me of a Nails Inc for Diet Coke polish, Denim, that I sadly left in the UK. :(

Essie Hide & Go Chic can also be compared to denim and the pigmentation is quite strong. I put two coats for good measure but could have gone with one. The finish is super glossy!

I did have difficulty applying it, but it is nit due to its formulation. A combination of fluff appearing out of nowhere and my parents walking like elephants around me made my application look like a 5 years old! I had to clean up the mess left on the skin next to my nails, but you may know that darker colours are not easily forgiving!


As seen in the pictures, it would look good paired with lime green and apricot, as well as mint and coral. It will be a good transitionnal shade too, as I can easily see it in a summer vibe and autumn's!

Have you tried any of the new Essie shades?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. aaaw il est vraiment beau! J'ai un gros trip vernis bleu ces temps ci :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui, ca fait du bien de voir du bleu! En maquillage, il est trop souvent ostracisé!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il est beau, j'aime beaucoup la couleur des vernis Essie, mais je me contente des vernis à 2-3$, 10$ pour un vernis c'est beaucoup trop cher :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oui, jte comprend! Souvent j'achete mes Essie lorsquil y a des speciaux, genre les boites de deux a Noel, apres le boxing day ils sont pas chers! Mais la j'me suis lachée lousse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Yes, its a nice dark colour, yet Springy!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook