Current Skincare Favourites

21:53:00


The only upside I can think ofthe times I have breakouts is that it always revive my interest in skincare. I used to not care abuot skincare but in the last 2 years I took a certain fancy to it.

A few of the products shown here were purchased during my last trip in Quebec City at the beginning of the month but they quickly became staples in my routine.

First is the Cattier Ready for Use Green Clay Mask. I usually use white clay my dad brings me from a local beach but the dragging winter made for a clay-deprived Bubu. I heard a few British bloggers talk about it and when I saw it in a local organic market, I grabbed it. (Since then, I also saw it in a few Wal-Marts and Jean-Marc Brunet.) At 10$, it is not expensive and I can see the tube lasting a while, even with weekly uses. It leaves the skin invigorated and fresh.

I grabbed The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil is a product I picked up because Kate of  Gh0sparties raves about it. And I have to say it deserves the hype. I now want to remove my makeup because of this. All you have to do is to massage one pump of the oil on dry skin and it takes the heavy stuff away. You then rinse the face and wash it like you would usually.

REN Skincare was a brand I wanted to try when I saw it at Sephora. It is natural and effective. We like it! I use the REN Skincare Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser in the evening, right after removing my makeup with the Cleansing Oil. It makes me feel like I'm having a spa treatment.

If I want to continue with the pampering and when I have put a mask, I will spritz a little of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I don't use it on an everyday basis as it contains alcohol, which can be drying, but I like to use it right before a moisture sandwich!

For the moisture sandwich, I will use the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light right before my moisturiser. I haven't tried the regular version but the "light" claim appealed to the oily skinned girl in me. It doesn't break me out, but I don't use it everyday either. I will use this either when my skin need a moisture boost or when I'm having the pampering sesh. The evening moisturiser I'm then using is the Alibi Maxam Firming Ginger Cream, which is not really an evening cream, but a regular one. I use it in the evening because it is really rich and creamy, but somehow it works with my oily skin.

Pepta-Bright is one of the wonders from Indeed Labs, which are Canadian, but somehow people think are British. Because of all those stupid spots my skin has sprouted lately, I am now left with scars. Since I'm out of the 1-4-All Peel, I bought this at Shoppers. It is still early to say how effective it is, but I like the brand in general so I have high hopes!

The last product is not really a favourite but is a part of my skincare for the time being nonetheless. It is the Claire's Ear Care Solution, as I have my second lobes pierced while I was in the city. I haven't had any concerns with this piercing yet, even though the studs I chose were plated gold, which is not usually recommended. But I'm a tough cookie and never do major infection with my piercings so got the golden stars studs! :)


What's your favourite skincare product at the moment? Do you change your routine with the seasons?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook